Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Upcoming Publication.

It is perhaps ironic that the anthology pictured below is taking a bit longer to fill than the first volume did. That one featured my novella "Toilet Bums," but this second volume features something very different. It actually has two of my stories in it, but the one I'm more anxious about is "Hawk Vs. Dove at a Coffee Shop."

The reason I mentioned irony in my opening sentence is because we're in an election year and that particular story was written during the last presidential election. Back then, I was trying to demonstrate the acidic vitriol (with apologies to Montilee Stormer who used that phrase to describe my commentary on a famous series of novels) that was shaping up among the American political landscape. The story concerns a raging conservative Mid-Westerner who wanders into a West Coast "Liberal" coffee shop with disturbing and violent results. It'sthe story I was assured was too weird and personal to be accepted for publication.

The true irony is that the behaviors depicted in the story, from both sides, no longer seem so far-fetched.

I'll let you know when it comes out.

No comments:

2 Migraine-inducingly Moronic Posts

 No commentary, no attempts to rationalize. Just gaze, if you dare, on the stupid!