Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Reactions to "The most Uncomfortable Thing I've Written in some time."

It's interesting how, even when a writer scribes up something intensely personal and puts it "out there" for the general public, readers often still feel the need to respond privately. It is very respectful and nice and I'm in no way judging them for that, but I'm a writer, and writers like to put things against the wall so passers-by can see it, too.

Therefore, I've compiled the reactions my previous post (Scroll down to read it) engendered sans names:

I just read your letter, Chris. I'm so sorry that your mother and you and your family had to go through such a painful experience. I never tell anyone about my mother's end of days but I saw some of my own frustration and anger in your letter. All we can do is our best during times such as these, and I am certain that your efforts were a comfort to your mother when she needed you most, even if to you they seemed small and futile. I hope your letter is a step toward healing; I doubt your parents would ever want you to suffer for as long as you have.

i just read the piece you wrote on your blog. It's one of the most moving pieces I've read in a long, long time. I know how hard it was to lose my mum at an early age too (she was 54), but in a small mercy, she went downhill very rapidly, so the emotional distress on the family was at least not as drawn out...

Losing the house, and that connection must have been a wallop.

You're a good man Chris, and take care of your self.

Very, very touching. And sensitively expressed. Thanks for sharing with us. I hope that time has helped to heal, little by little. And perhaps in writing this, another step has been taken in that direction. Love and hugs.

And from my cousin I haven't seen in thirty-plus years who adored my mom:

just read you letter...wow, I understand. Aunt Dee was a great woman and I will always love her.
I'm so sorry your mom suffered so much and I sorry you suffered. Sometimes life sucks, I would have never guessed it would end like that.

Thanks to all who read it and felt compelled to reply as well as those who did not. The letter was mailed yesterday. If I receive a response, I'll let you know~

No comments:

2 Migraine-inducingly Moronic Posts

 No commentary, no attempts to rationalize. Just gaze, if you dare, on the stupid!