Friday, October 18, 2019

Not Sure How I Missed This.

Some time back, I entered the Dark Regions Press short story contest for a chance to get my story into the Black Labyrinth Anthology. I didn't win but I did apparently receive an Honorable Mention. I'm not sure how I missed this information -- maybe Dark Regions didn't send it to me in the rejection email -- but I was immediately transported back to childhood when we were herded into pits known as "classrooms" and forced to compete with each other for such luminary gains as the aforementioned Honorable Mention.

Broken, bloodied and drained of all sense of individuality, we stumbled forward for our cheaply made prizes so we could take them home and hand them to our parents and watch as they eventually faded into the confines of some forgotten box of crap that summed up our meager existences.

So, you're damn right I'm glad to see it. You can see it, too, by clicking here.












* In case my satire has gone unrecognized, I am actually pleased to have been mentioned at all considering I lost.
See, Mommy and Da-Da? Your little boy matters. He matters, damn you!

No comments:

2 Migraine-inducingly Moronic Posts

 No commentary, no attempts to rationalize. Just gaze, if you dare, on the stupid!