Thursday, December 27, 2012

Next Big Thing Blog Hop!


I’ve been tagged by the one and only Montilee Stormer to answer a set of questions for the “Next Big Thing Blog Hop,” a post started by someone named Dana M. Baird. I only respond to this because Montilee wrote “This is simplicity itself: each tagged author blogs answers to the same set of questions about their current work in progress and then passes the torch to some other great authors who will do the same.”
Easy and a compliment? Yep, I’m in.

What is the working title of your next book?

That would be the next novel in my “Infinity’s Core” trilogy, “Echoes of Infinity’s Core.” Despite more delays than Michigan traffic during construction season, I’m optimistic that this particular tome shall rear its head sometime in the earlier portion of 2013.

Where did the idea come from for the book?

I was leaving my house on the way to work and, in the middle of closing the door, I suddenly thought, “Y’know , the story didn’t really end in ‘Dreamers.’” From that point forward, I suddenly realized my characters were in charge and it was my job to provide yummy snacks and plunge their toilets while they told me how the story should work out.

What genre does your book fall under?

Urban/Dark Fantasy, a genre whose definition shifts more than Mitt Romney’s political convictions!

What is the synopsis or blurb for this book?

Hold on, lemme pull it from that dark place nobody wants to explore. Ahem!  “Six months have passed since Ned and Ernie faced oblivion, but nothing really ended that day. The ravenous entities are still hungry, only now one of their two enemies might just turn out to be a willing participant in their plans.”

What actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

I don’t picture actors when I write, just real people.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

Neither. I already have a publisher.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

About five months.

Who or what inspired you to write this book?

My own misery at the time, the idea that heroes often sacrifice too much and maybe one of them might say “Fuck that! I want mine, too!”

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

If I write something that I find comparable to someone else’s work, I stop writing it. It’s not my thing to copy others. Too many writers are doing that these days and, frankly, it disgusts me. However, I did notice disturbing similarities in tone to “John Dies at the End,” which was published after my novel. *hitches up belt*

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

It features a randy, naked old lady and an insane cop who lectures people about following the law then shoots them in the back of the head. Yet, I still insist it’s a work of fiction!

No comments:

2 Migraine-inducingly Moronic Posts

 No commentary, no attempts to rationalize. Just gaze, if you dare, on the stupid!