Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Excerpt from a Work In Progress

Sometimes I like to post these as a way of helping myself remain motivated. This is from a story currently titled "Flame," about online message board arguing gone horribly wrong:

I’m ready when the kid lunges for my throat.

It’s kind of sad, really, the way he does it. It’s like watching a starving person make a dive for a table of mostly consumed food before the waiter can throw it out. It’s a move filled with rage and fear and desperation and a part of me thinks it might be better if I allow him to succeed.

Instead, I side-step his advance and sweep my foot under his ankle, his head missing the corner of my coffee table by barely an inch.

I stand in place and watch his shoulders and upper back shake violently as the kid sobs and moans on the floor.

“I just want it to be over!” he yells.

I shrug. “Me too, kid.”


Thoughts? Opinions? Insults?

Food orders?


2 comments:

RubrisLibra said...

What? That's all!
You're a cruel man.
I was just getting into it.

c nadeau said...

LOL I'm almost finished with it.

2 Migraine-inducingly Moronic Posts

 No commentary, no attempts to rationalize. Just gaze, if you dare, on the stupid!