Friday, April 12, 2019

Latest Short Story Released!

I'll be honest. I  received a rather painful rejection this time. Not because I worked "really, really hard" on the story, although I did, but because it was one of the stories I had that feeling about. I think most writers who have had their work published more than a few times develop it. Some stories just feel like they will be accepted by the editor. The last time I felt that feeling, it was after I finished editing, "Your Future for a Low, Low Price," which was recently published in this anthology. The time before that was once I'd completed, "The Last Big Gamble" for this one. Both times I just knew this was what the publisher was looking for, and I was right.

Sadly, that feeling isn't 100% effective. Sometimes I'm wrong. In this particular instance, the editor "thoroughly enjoyed reading" it but not enough to include it in the anthology. I must admit, it hurt a little. It isn't as if I wasn't prepared for the possibility, but I felt really good about this one. I still do. I hope to find it a home soon. That brings me to the celebratory portion of this post.

The story appearing in the just-released print issue of the Horror Zine was originally written for an anthology that chose not to publish my story. When that happens, I usually wait 24 hours before resubmitting my work to someone else. One day to lament, that's it. Since the one that was just rejected is so specific to the theme the rejecting anthology wanted, it might take a little longer, but that rule has served me well.

The proof can be found here.

No comments:

2 Migraine-inducingly Moronic Posts

 No commentary, no attempts to rationalize. Just gaze, if you dare, on the stupid!