Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Alternative Theologies Reading Event (I won't be there).



As if I needed another reminder of why it sucks to live where the world of fiction writing is not well-represented, I received the following email regarding an opportunity to read my work along with other authors appearing in the "Alternative Theologies" anthology. Sounds great except for one thing:

It's in Seattle :(

"Alternative Theologies authors are invited to read (along with authors from Alternative Truths: Endgames and After the Orange) Friday, March 29, 6:30 p.m., at the University Bookstore (on “The Ave” near the University of Washington) in Seattle.

Please let me know if you would like to be part of this group reading so I can get our lineup to the bookstore’s promotions folks.

It’s on a Friday evening, which I hope will make it a bit easier for folks coming longer distances, perhaps from Eastern Washington.

Stephanie Weippert, Bruce Taylor, and John A. Pitts are signed up to read (they responded to my post on B Cubed’s Facebook page).

Apologies to those of you receiving this mailing who are not within driving distance of Seattle, who have received a duplicate mailing for authors also in Endgames — I wasn’t sure, and didn’t want to leave anyone out of this invitation."


Sigh.

I'm sure there's a lovely auto show or hockey game I can participate in instead...

No comments:

2 Migraine-inducingly Moronic Posts

 No commentary, no attempts to rationalize. Just gaze, if you dare, on the stupid!